
掌握車站指引
Sarah is at a busy train station in London. She walks up to the staff member for help.
莎拉身處倫敦繁忙的火車站。她走向工作人員尋求協助。
a staff member一位員工staff(n.)全體員工
Sarah: Hi there! Sorry, I’m a bit lost.
莎拉:你好!抱歉,我有一點迷路。
lost(adj.)迷路的get/be lost迷路=lose one’s way
Staff: No problem! Where are you headed?
工作人員:沒問題!你要去哪裡?
headed(adj.)前往…的、朝向…的
Sarah: To London Paddington. Is this the right way?
莎拉:去倫敦帕丁頓站。是走這條路嗎?
Staff: Yes, you’re close. You need to go to Platform 4.
工作人員:對,很近了。你要去4號月台。
close(adj.)(時間/地點)靠近的
Sarah: Platform 4... okay. How do I get there?
莎拉:4號月台⋯⋯好的。請問怎麼走?
Staff: Just go straight past the cafe and turn left.
工作人員:直直走,經過咖啡店後向左轉。
go straight直走left(adj.)左邊的
Sarah: Straight and then left. Got it. Is the train leaving soon?
莎拉:直走再左轉。我知道了。火車快開了嗎?
leave(v.)離開leave for前往=head for
Staff: Let me check... Yes, it’s at 10:15. It’s on the big screen over there.
工作人員:我查一下⋯⋯對,10點15分開車。那邊的大螢幕上有顯示。
screen(n.)螢幕、屏幕
Sarah: Oh, 10:15. Perfect. I have my e-ticket on my phone.
莎拉:喔,10點15分。太好了。我的電子車票在手機裡。
electronic(adj.)電子的electronic book電子書
Staff: Great. Just scan the QR code at the gate.
工作人員:太好了。在閘門掃描QR Code就可以了。
scan the code掃描條碼gate(n.)閘門
Sarah: Thank you so much for your help!
莎拉:非常感謝你的幫忙!
Staff: You’re welcome! Have a good trip.
工作人員:不客氣!祝你旅途愉快。