
喜歡刺激的壽星
Stephanie and Edward are friends. They want to buy a birthday cake for their good friend Ernie.
史蒂芬妮和愛德華是朋友。他們想要為他們的好朋友厄尼買一個生日蛋糕。
buy someone something=buy something for someone買某物給某人buy(n.)划算
Stephanie: Ernie’s birthday is on Saturday. I want to buy him a cake.
史蒂芬妮:厄尼的生日是在星期六。我想買個蛋糕給他。
want to想要want(v.)需要
Edward: Stephanie, that’s a great idea! I can help you find one.
愛德華:史蒂芬妮,這個主意太好了!我可以幫你找。
great(adj.)很棒的、卓越的、偉大的help(v.)(n.)協助、幫助
Stephanie: Thanks. But I’m not sure where to look. I want to get him something interesting and fun.
史蒂芬妮:謝謝。但我不確定要去哪找。我想要找個有趣又好玩的。
sure(adj.)(adv.)確定的、肯定的 、當然、不客氣something(pron.)某物、某事、某個東西interesting(adj.)有趣的interest(v.)(n.)使~有興趣、興趣
Edward: Yeah, Ernie likes exciting things. We need to find a special cake for him.
愛德華:對,厄尼喜歡刺激的東西。我們得找一個特別的蛋糕給他。
exciting(adj.)令人興奮的、使人激動的、刺激的excite(v.)使~興奮special(adj.)特殊的、不尋常的
Stephanie: Where do you think we can look?
史蒂芬妮:你覺得我們可以去哪找?
Edward: Well, my friend Joe said that Crazy Cakes on Richmond Street has really cool cakes for sale.
愛德華:嗯,我朋友喬說,列治文街上的「瘋狂蛋糕店」有賣很酷的蛋糕。
sale(n.)銷售for sale待售中on sale特價中sales(n.)銷售部門
Stephanie: Oh! That is a great name. I’m sure they’ll have a fun cake for Ernie’s birthday.
史蒂芬妮:喔!那店名真不錯。我想他們一定會有適合厄尼生日的有趣蛋糕。
name(n.)(v.)名字、取名
Edward: Alright! Let’s go there now. I’ll drive.
愛德華:好的!我們現在就去吧。我開車。
let(v.)讓