
妳不是初選沒過嗎?
Josh came across Joanna in the corridor. She’s wearing her cheerleader uniform.
喬許在走廊上碰到穿著啦啦隊制服的喬安娜。
come across=run into偶遇、撞見corridor走廊uniform(n.)制服
Josh: Hey! What’s with the cheerleader outfit?
喬許:嘿,妳怎麼穿著啦啦隊制服?
outfit(n.)裝扮、服飾
Joanna: I am officially one of the cheerleaders for our school team.
喬安娜:我現在正式成為學校啦啦隊的一員了。
officially(adv.)正式地
Josh: What? I thought you didn’t pass the try-out.
喬許:什麼?妳不是初選沒過嗎?
try-out選拔、try out(v.)選拔
Joanna: I didn’t, but Joyce got sick and they need someone to fill in for her.
喬安娜:是沒過,但喬伊斯突然病了,他們需要一個人填補位置。
get sick生病
Josh: So?
喬許:所以?
Joanna: They went for me. Go Pegasus!
喬安娜:所以選了我!上啊,飛馬!
go for選擇
Josh: When is your first performance?
喬許:妳什麼時候要登場?
performance(n.)表演
Joanna: Tomorrow, actually. We will play against East High again.
喬安娜:明天,我們又要對上東高校了。
play against對上
Josh: Well, good luck. I’ll be there.
喬許:哇,祝你好運,我明天會到場。
Joanna: Thanks! I’ll go to my practice now. See you around.
喬安娜:謝啦,我要去練習了,拜拜。
practice(n.)練習see you around=see you再見