
難得的平靜
Mark and Emma are colleagues. They are having lunch.
馬克和艾瑪是同事。他們正在吃午飯。
Mark: You’re a bit different today. You’re smiling!
馬克:你今天有點不一樣喔。居然還微笑!
different(adj.)不一樣smile(v.)微笑、laugh(v.)大笑
Emma: I’m in a good mood.
艾瑪:我心情很好。
in a good mood好心情
Mark: You’re like a dog with two tails.
馬克:你根本喜不自勝。
like a dog with two tails喜上眉梢
Emma: I think it’s because Helen is taking a day off.
艾瑪:我想是因為海倫今天休假。
take a day off休假
Mark: That’s it! You don’t like her.
馬克:果然啊!你不喜歡她。
Emma: We fight like cats and dogs all the time.
艾瑪:我們真的一直吵架。
all the time=always總是
Mark: It’s nice to finally have some peace in the team.
馬克:很高興組內終於獲得了一點平靜。
finally(adv.)終於peace(n.)和平
Emma: Hey, she is the one starting the fights.
艾瑪:嘿,都是她開始吵架的。
start(v.)開啟、開始
Mark: Let’s just eat lunch. I want no part of that.
馬克:我們吃午飯吧。我可不想參與其中。
want no part of sth.不想沾到邊
Emma: Sure.
艾瑪:好。