
赤崁樓之旅
Anna and Ben are on a field trip to Tainan.
安娜和班正在台南校外旅行。
Anna: Wow! This old building is so beautiful! Where are we?
安娜:哇!這棟老建築好漂亮!我們在哪裡?
building(n.)建築物build(v.)建造
Ben: We’re in Tainan. This is Chihkan Tower.
班:我們在台南。這是赤崁樓。
tower(n.)塔樓
Anna: What’s Chihkan Tower?
安娜:赤崁樓是什麼?
Ben: It’s a very old building. It’s over 300 years old!
班:它是一棟很老的建築物。有超過三百年的歷史!
over(prep.)超過、在~之上、多於
Anna: That’s so old! Can we go inside?
安娜: 那很老了耶。我們可以進去嗎?
inside(adv.)裡面、內部outside(adv.)外面、外部
Ben: Yes! Let’s go. We can see old statues and big drums.
班:可以!我們走吧。我們可以看到老雕像和大鼓。
let’s…=let us…讓我們一起…statue(n.)雕像
Anna: Look! There’s a stone turtle!
安娜:你看!有一隻石龜!
stone(n.)石頭
Ben: Haha, yes! That’s a magic turtle. People say it brings good luck.
班:哈哈,對!那是神奇的烏龜。人們說它會帶來好運。
magic(adj.)神奇的bring good luck帶來好運
Anna: Really? I want to touch it!
安娜:真的嗎?我想摸它!
touch(v.)觸碰
Ben: Me too! Let’s hope we both get good luck in Tainan!
班:我也是!希望我們在台南都能有好運!
both(det.)雙方、兩者luck(n.)運氣by luck靠運氣
Anna: I also want to eat some Tainan snacks.
安娜:我還想吃台南的小吃。
snack(n.)點心、零食
Ben: Great idea! Let’s try shaved ice and milkfish soup.
班:好主意!我們去吃剉冰和虱目魚湯吧。
shaved ice剉冰ice cubes冰塊ice pop冰棒
Anna: Tainan has so much tasty food!
安娜:台南有好多好吃的東西!
tasty(adj.)美味的taste(n.)味道
Ben: And it’s full of history too!
班:而且也充滿歷史!
be full of充滿~history(n.)歷史