
結束工作關係和分手同樣是門學問
There is a blank on the application sheet all job searchers have to fill in: why did you leave your previous job?
求職時人事資料幾乎都有一個欄位:上一份工作的離職原因。
blank(n.)空格application(n.)申請pervious(adj.)之前的
You might even be asked to leave contact information of your previous employers.
你甚至會被要求留下前雇主聯絡方式。
leave(v.)留下contact(n.)聯絡pervious(adj.)之前的employer(n.)雇主
If you have left your last job unpleasantly, things might have just gotten very awkward.
如果你上一段工作關係結束地不愉快,事情可能會變得很尷尬。
unpleasantly(adv.)不愉快地awkward(adj.)難堪的、尷尬的
In the movie, “The Devil Wears Prada”, Andy left Miranda to look for a new job.
在電影《穿著PRADR的惡魔》裡,小安離開米蘭達去找新工作。
look for尋找
Even though Miranda shares different work values with Andy, they have ended this work relationship well.
雖然米蘭達和小安在工作上價職觀不同,但這份工作關係仍是好好地結束。
value(n.)價值觀relationship(n.)關係
In the end, Andy has gotten the job she always has wished for under Miranda’s recommendation.
電影的最後,小安也在米蘭達的舉薦下得到了嚮往的工作。
recommendation(n.)推薦
Sometimes we might encounter difficulties at work and it may be hard for others to comprehend.
有時我們在工作中遇到他人難以理解的困難。
encounter(v.)遇見comprehend(v.)理解
We could easily send out our resignation letter, or we could deal with it and bring it to a favorable ending.
我們可以輕易地丟出辭呈,或者,我們可以好好處理,讓事情有好的結束。
send out寄出、送出resignation(n.)辭職deal with處理favorable(adj.)有利的、得到讚許的
It is like breaking up with your partner.
怎麼結束一段工作關係,就像如何與戀人分手一樣。
break up分手
The secret is simply good communication.
秘訣其實很簡單:良好的溝通。
communication(n.)溝通
Try to overlook others’ mistakes and think about how you can better yourself.
試著對別人的錯處三緘其口,只想著如何使自己進步。
overlook(v.)忽視mistake(n.)錯誤better(v.)改善
This will help you gain reputation and professional connections.
離職離得漂亮,將幫助你累積名聲和專業人脈。
gain(v.)增加reputation(n.)名聲professional(adj.)專業的connection(n.)連結