
最終營業日12/31
Sam and Yvonne are friends. They are both foodies. They are having a conversation.
山姆和伊芳是朋友。他們都是老饕。他們正在對話。
foodie(n.)美食家=foody
Sam: Hey Yvonne, did you hear the news about RAW?
山姆:嘿,伊芳,你聽說RAW的新聞了嗎?
Yvonne: Yeah, I did! I can’t believe Chef Andre Chiang is retiring at the end of this year.
伊芳:是啊,我聽說了!我真不敢相信江振誠主廚今年年底要退休了。
retire(v.)退休retire from sth.從某個職位或工作退休retire as以某個職位退休retire at在某個年齡退休
Sam: I know, right? His restaurant has been such a big part of Taipei’s food scene.
山姆:是啊,RAW餐廳一直是台北美食界的重要部分。
be a big part成為重要的一部分、扮演重要角色scene(n.)活動領域、圈子、界
Yvonne: Absolutely. I love how he brought international standards to young chefs here.
伊芳:沒錯。我喜歡他把國際標準帶給這裡的年輕廚師。
standard(n.)標準、規範、水準
Sam: Remember our dinner at RAW last year? The food was amazing.
山姆:還記得我們去年在RAW的晚餐嗎?那食物真是太棒了。
Yvonne: It was! I’m sad it’s closing on December 31, but the new culinary school sounds exciting.
伊芳:真的超棒!雖然RAW 12月31日要停業了,但新的烹飪學校很令人期待。
culinary(adj.)餐飲的、烹飪的culinary skills廚藝
Sam: Totally. Turning RAW into an international culinary school is a huge step. It shows how much he cares about young talent.
山姆:沒錯。把RAW改造成國際烹飪學校是個很大的一步。這顯示了他對培養年輕人才的重視。
turn…into…將~轉型為~a huge step巨大的進步、重要的進展talent(n.)人才、天賦、才華
Yvonne: He said he wants to inspire young Taiwanese chefs with better training. That’s awesome.
伊芳:他說他想透過更好的培訓啟發年輕的台灣廚師。這真是太棒了。
inspire(v.)啟發、激發inspire sb. to do sth.激勵某人做某事inspire confidence激發信心
Sam: Yeah, imagine all the chefs he’ll inspire. It could make a big difference in the local dining scene.
山姆:是啊,想像一下,所有會被他啟發的廚師。這可能會對本地的餐飲業帶來很大的變化。
imagine(v.)想像imagine that子句:想像某事imagine N. 現在分詞:想像某人正在做某事make a difference改變、影響
Yvonne: We should try to eat there one more time before it closes.
伊芳:我們應該在RAW停業前再去吃一次。
Sam: Definitely. Let’s book a table soon.
山姆:當然。我們快點訂位吧。