
客人太多!
Betty and Philip live in the Zhongshan District of Taipei. They are chatting.
貝蒂和菲利浦住在台北市中山區。他們正在聊天。
Betty: Hey Philip, did you hear about the soy milk shop in Zhongshan? It’s closed for a bit.
貝蒂:嘿,菲利浦,你聽說那家中山的豆漿店了嗎?它暫時停業了。
Philip: Yeah, I saw something about it. Just a temporary thing, right?
菲利浦:是啊,我有看到消息。只是暫時的,對吧?
temporary(adj.)暫時的
Betty: Yeah, seems like it. They got swarmed with customers all of a sudden.
貝蒂:對啊,看起來是這樣。他們突然間被一大堆客人擠爆了。
swarm(v.)(人)蜂湧、湧動a swarm of一大群all of a sudden=suddenly突然地
Philip: Ah! Everyone is talking about it on social media.
菲利浦:啊!大家都在社群媒體上討論那家店。
Betty: Exactly! It blew up overnight. No wonder they needed a break.
貝蒂:確實!它一夜之間就爆紅。難怪他們需要休息一下。
blow up爆紅no wonder難怪、怪不得break(n.)休息
Philip: Hope they’re back soon though. I was hoping to try their famous egg tarts.
菲利浦:但我希望他們能快點重新開張。我本來想試試他們那出名的蛋塔。
tart(n.)塔
Betty: Same here! But hey, we can check out other breakfast spots in the meantime.
貝蒂:我也是!但是嘛,我們可以先去附近的其他早餐店看看。
check out sth.=check sth. out看一看spot(n.)地點in the meantime在此同時=meanwhile
Philip: Good idea. Who knows, maybe we’ll find another hidden gem like that soy milk shop?
菲利浦:好主意。誰知道,也許我們能找到另一個像那家豆漿店一樣的寶藏?
gem(n.)寶藏、難能可貴的人或物
Betty: That’d be awesome! Let’s find the best breakfast spot around here.
貝蒂:要是那樣就太棒了!讓我們找到這裡最棒的早餐店吧。
Philip: I’m down for that! It’ll be like our own little food adventure.
菲利浦:我贊成!這會是我們自己的小小美食探險。
be down for sth.渴望(想要)做~adventure(n.)探險、冒險
Betty: Totally! Let’s start tomorrow morning.
貝蒂:沒錯!我們明天早上就開始吧。
Philip: Can’t wait! It’s always exciting to try new places.
菲利浦:等不及了!嘗試新的地方總是令人期待。
can’t wait for N.等不及can’t wait to V.等不及去做~