
鐵鎚攻擊孕婦
Rachel just got home from work. Her roommate, Carl, is watching a YouTube video.
瑞秋剛下班回家。他的室友卡爾正在看YouTube影片。
Rachel: What are you watching?
瑞秋:你在看什麼?
Carl: Do you know Tsai A-Ga, the famous YouTuber?
卡爾:你知道網紅蔡阿嘎嗎?
Rachel: Yeah, I like his videos, especially the ones in which he teaches Taiwanese.
瑞秋:知道,我喜歡他的影片,尤其是他教台語的影片。
especially尤其teach-taught-taught(v.)教導
Carl: He and his wife were attacked a few days ago!
卡爾:他跟他老婆前幾天在路上被人襲擊。
were attacked被動、被攻擊
Rachel: What?! Attacked by whom? Are they alright?
瑞秋:什麼?誰襲擊他們?他們還好嗎?
by whom被誰、whom受格型態
Carl: Slow down. I’ll tell you what happened. It was in Beitou. While they were stopped at a traffic light on their scooter, a man dressed in black ran at them with a hammer and hit his wife on the side.
卡爾:別緊張,我慢慢跟你說。事情發生在北投,他們騎機車在街角等紅綠燈的時候,突然有一個黑衣男子拿著鐵鎚衝出來,打他老婆的腰部。
slow down等一下while(conj.)當traffic light紅綠燈scooter(n.)機車dress in穿著run at sb.衝向某人hammer(n.)鐵鎚on the side在腰上
Rachel: I can’t believe it! She’s pregnant!
瑞秋:真不敢相信!她不是懷孕嗎!
pregnant(adj.)有孕的
Carl: I know! The man ran off. Tsai’s wife was sent to the hospital right away.
卡爾:沒錯,那個男的跑掉了。他老婆也馬上送醫院治療。
run off跑走right away立刻
Rachel: Is she alright?
瑞秋:她還好嗎?
Carl: She stayed in the hospital for 2 or 3 days, but she’s fine now.
卡爾:她住院觀察了2、3天,不過現在已經沒事了。
Rachel : Why did the man harm them like that?
瑞秋:為什麼那個男的要打他們?
harm(v.)傷害
Carl: No one knows for sure at this moment. The police are still investigating the case. Some say that it was because he filmed a video about a fried chicken stand in Beitou. He complained that the food was too pricey, and the owner wasn’t happy about his comment.
卡爾:警方還在調查犯罪動機,但有人說是蔡阿嘎以前拍過一支影片,他在影片裡嫌北投一家鹽酥雞賣得太貴,讓店家不太開心。
investigate(v.)調查It is because是因為complain(v.)抱怨pricey=expensive(adj.)昂貴的be happy about對…感到開心comment(n.)評論
Rachel: Wow. I guess he’ll have to be more careful then.
瑞秋:哇,那他真的要更小心點。
careful(adj.)小心的