
當美食成為回憶
Natasha and Mike are sitting on the sofa after dinner, scrolling through their phones.
娜塔莎和麥克晚餐後坐在沙發上滑手機。
scroll through滑過、瀏覽
Natasha: Oh no… Mike, guess what? Hizenya just closed yesterday.
娜塔莎:噢不⋯⋯麥克,你猜怎麼了?肥前屋昨天歇業了。
close down結束營業、關閉店面=shut down
Mike: Wait, really? You mean the eel rice place near Linsen Park?
麥克:等等,真的嗎?你是說林森公園附近那家鰻魚飯店嗎?
Natasha: Yeah! It was open for, like, over 40 years.
娜塔莎:對啊!它開了超過四十年耶。
Mike: That’s so sad. Their eel was smoky and tender.
麥克:好難過喔。他們的鰻魚有炭香又軟嫩。
smoky(adj.)有煙燻味的、有炭香的tender(adj.)嫩的、柔軟的
Natasha: And that sweet soy sauce… I could eat it every week!
娜塔莎:還有那甜醬油⋯⋯我以前可以每個禮拜吃一次!
weekly(adj.)(adv.)每週的(地)
Mike: Same! The smell always made me so hungry.
麥克:我也是!那個香味每次都讓我超餓。
Natasha: You know, it was one of the “Big Four” eel rice shops in Taipei. Now only Kenmoshiya is still open. The others are all gone.
娜塔莎:你知道嗎,肥前屋以前是台北「四大鰻魚飯」名店之一耶。現在只剩劍持屋還在,其他都倒了。
open(adj.)營業中的、開放的gone(adj.)不見的、消失的
Mike: It’s like the taste of old Taipei is fading away.
麥克:感覺台北的老味道真的在慢慢消失。
fade away逐漸消失、變淡
Natasha: Let’s go to Kenmoshiya this weekend.
娜塔莎:我們這週末去劍持屋吧。
Mike: Sure! But we’d better go early — the line’s probably long now!
麥克:好啊!但我們最好早點去──現在應該超多人排隊!
had better VR最好、應該做某事probably(adv.)可能、大概