
好期待領紅包
Joanna invites her American friend, Henry, to her family reunion dinner on Chinese New Year’s Eve.
喬安娜邀請美國朋友亨利去她家吃除夕團圓飯。
invite sb. to N.邀請某人去Chinese New Year′s Eve除夕夜
Henry: I’m really looking forward to the dinner!
亨利:我好期待吃團圓飯!
look forward to+N.期待
Joanna: Is this going to be your first time?
喬安娜:這是你的第一次嗎?
Henry: Yeah. What will you guys eat?
亨利:對啊,你們都會吃些什麼?
Joanna: My family has dumplings every year.
喬安娜:我們家每年都會吃水餃。
dumpling(n.)餃子、rice dumpling粽子、fried dumpling煎餃
Henry: Why is that?
亨利:為什麼?
Joanna: Dumplings look like old Chinese money. They’ll bring money to the family.
喬安娜:水餃長得很像元寶,會帶來財富。
look like看起來像bring-brought-brought(v.)帶來
Henry: Aha. And…will I get red envelopes as well?
亨利:原來。那我也會收到紅包嗎?
red envelope紅包as well=also也
Joanna: Haha, maybe! I think my parents will take care of it.
喬安娜:哈哈,可能哦!我爸媽應該會弄些什麼給你。
take care of N.處理好
Henry: Can’t wait!
亨利:真是等不及了!
Joanna: You will enjoy the dinner so much!
喬安娜:你一定會喜歡。
enjoy(v.)享受