
86歲奶奶生日趴
Ben and Leo are neighbors. They are chatting.
班和里歐是鄰居。他們在聊天。
neighbor(n.)鄰居
Ben: How is your grandmother doing?
班:你奶奶最近還好嗎?
Leo: She is fine. She will turn 86 this Sunday.
里歐:還不錯,她這星期天就86歲了。
turn(v.)轉變、turn+歲數
Ben: Congratulations!
班: 恭喜!
congratulations恭喜
Leo: My family will have a get-together this weekend, but I’m not looking forward to it.
里歐:我家這周末會辦一場家族聚餐,但我一點都不期待。
look forward to N.期待
Ben: Why? It’s your grandmother’s birthday.
班: 為什麼?不是你奶奶的生日嗎?
Leo: I don’t like my cousins. They are annoying, so I really don’t want to go.
里歐:我不喜歡我的表兄弟姊妹。他們超級煩人的,所以我這周末不太想去。
cousin(n.)表親annoying(adj.)惱人的
Ben: Well, mine too, but this isn’t about them. It’s about your grandmother. Spend time with her while she’s still here.
班:我的表兄弟姊妹也很煩人啊,但是這跟他們沒有關係啊,重點是花時間陪你奶奶當她還在我們身邊的時候。
mine我的(表親)spend time花時間
Leo: Yeah, I get that.
里歐: 是啦,我明白。妳說的沒錯。
get(v.)明白
Ben: I never got to see my grandfather, so cherish the moment with your family.
班:我從來都沒能見上我爺爺一面,所以珍惜跟家人的時光啊。
never(adv.)從未cherish(v.)珍惜moment(n.)時光
Leo: You’re right. I’ll be there for my grandmother.
里歐:沒錯。為了奶奶,我會去聚餐的。