
忘記鎖上門
Jessie and her husband Peter just got home. Jessie found that the door was not locked.
潔西和彼得剛回到家,潔西發現門沒有上鎖。
found為find的過去式lock(v.)上鎖
Jessie: Peter, call the police! Now!
潔西:彼得,趕快報警!
police(n.)警方call the police報警
Peter: Why? What happened?
彼得:為什麼?發生了什麼事?
happen(v.)發生what happened發生什麼事
Jessie: Look at the mess. Someone was breaking in while we were grocery shopping.
潔西:你看這裡亂七八糟的,有人趁我們去採買時闖了進來。
mess(n.)混亂的狀態break in闖入、強行進入grocery shopping採買生活用品
Peter: Is anything missing?
彼得:有東西不見嗎?
missing(adj.)失蹤的、不見的
Jessie: I don’t know. But we should call the police.
潔西:我不知道,但是我們應該要報警。
Peter: Calm down. I guess it was Bruce. Look at how well he is sleeping now. I think he was just having too much fun after we left the house.
彼得:冷靜一點,我猜一定是布魯斯啦,你看牠睡得多香,我們離開家之後,牠玩得太開心了。
calm(v.)使鎮靜
Jessie: How do you explain the unlocked door then?
潔西:那你要怎麼解釋門沒上鎖?
explain(v.)解釋unlocked(adj.)沒上鎖的
Peter: Oh, right! My cellphone was ringing when I close the door. It was my mom. I guess I forgot to lock the door after I finished my phone call.
彼得:喔,對了!當我要關門的時候,我的手機響了起來,是我媽啦,一定是我講完電話後就忘記鎖上門了。
cellphone(n.)手機ring(v.)響起鈴聲forgot(v.)忘記,為forget的過去式
Jessie: No, you didn’t! I am glad it was just a false alarm.
潔西:不會吧?!好在只是虛驚一場。
false alarm虛驚一場