
抱著愛心的小黃人
Kent is reading news on Facebook. His roommate, Finn, is sitting next to him.
肯特正在臉書上讀新聞。他的室友芬坐在他旁邊。
Kent: Ahh! I can’t read it no more.
肯特:啊!我讀不下去了。
not…no more不能再
Finn: What’s wrong?
芬:怎麼了?
Kent: All the news about the coronavirus is so depressing. It makes me feel so down.
肯特:所有疫情的新聞都好令人沮喪。讓我心情好差。
depressing(adj.)令人沮喪的
Finn: Take it easy. It will end soon.
芬:放輕鬆。很快就會結束了。
take it easy放輕鬆
Kent: I really don’t think so. It has been nearly three months.
肯特:我真的不這麼想,都已經快三個月了。
nearly(adv.)=almost幾乎
Finn: Well, this might cheer you up a little. Facebook has launched a new reaction button to support people to get through this time.
芬:好吧,這可能會讓你開心一點。臉書將推出新的反應按鈕來支持人們度過這個難關。
cheer up加油、鼓舞launch(v.)推出、發射support(v.)支持get through度過
Kent: What reaction button?
肯特:什麼反應?
Finn: The “care” button. See? Here is a little yellow man hugging a red heart.
芬:關懷的表情按鈕。你看,這裡有個一個擁抱著紅色愛心的小黃人。
hug(v.)擁抱
Kent: That’s so sweet and heart-warming.
肯特:真是太貼心、太溫馨了。
heart-warming暖心的
Finn: Right? After a storm comes a calm. Stop worrying. We should support each other at this moment.
芬:就是說啊。雨過天青。別擔心,我們現在更應該互相扶持。
After a storm comes a calm.雨過天青each other彼此