
真難想像我們的父母是臉友
Tiffany and Jack are classmates in an elementary school.
蒂芬妮和傑克是國小同班同學。
classmate(n.)同班同學elementary(adj.)初級的elementary school國小
Jack: I would really like to have a Facebook account like an adult.
傑克:我也好想像大人一樣有臉書!
would like想要really(adv.)非常account(n.)帳號like(prep.)像adult(n.)成人
Tiffany: We could video-chat if we both had Facebook.
蒂芬妮:如果有臉書,我們就能視訊聊天了。
video(n.)錄影,視頻chat(v.)聊天if(conj.)如果both(pron.)兩者
Jack: Facebook just announced they’ll present a Messenger Kids Application in the United States.
傑克:臉書宣布,將在美國地區推出Messenger Kids App。
just(adv.)剛剛announce(v.)宣布they’ll = they will
Tiffany: What is Messenger Kids?
蒂芬妮:那是什麼?
Jack: Our moms and dads can download the application onto our tablets or smart phones.
傑克:爸爸媽媽會先在我們的平板或手機中下載這個。
our(pron.)我們的download(v.)下載onto(prep.)到……上tablet(n.)平板電腦smart phone智慧型手機
Tiffany: And then?
蒂芬妮:然後呢?
then(adv.)然後
Jack: Well, then they can add friends and family members onto our Messenger Kids account.
傑克:然後替我們的帳戶添加朋友、家人。
add(v.)添加family(n.)家庭member(n.)成員
Tiffany: You mean all our friends on the application need to be verified by our parents?
蒂芬妮:意思是加入誰要爸爸媽媽審核嗎?
mean(v.)意指all(pron.)所有need(v.)需要verify(v.)核對by(prep.)由parent(n.)父母
Jack: Yes. It’s a very tricky design.
傑克:對啊。這是一個很妙的設計。
tricky(adj.)狡猾的,棘手的design(n.)設計
Tiffany: What do you mean?
蒂芬妮:什麼意思呢?
Jack: In order to add another kid as your friend, your parents have to be friends with that kid’s parents first.
傑克:小孩加好友,父母必須先成為對方父母的臉友。
in order to為了another(adj.)另一的kid(n.)小孩as(prep.)作為with(prep.)和,與first(adv.)首先
Tiffany: Oh my god. It’ll be so awkward to see our parents be friends on Facebook!
蒂芬妮:我的天,我們的父母成為臉友會很尷尬耶!
so(adv.)很,非常awkward(adj.)尷尬的,難堪的
Jack: I know, right? Let’s just wait until we are thirteen years old and apply for a Facebook account.
傑克:我也是,還是等到我們13歲時再申請臉書吧。
right(adj.)對的just(adv.)只要wait(v.)等until(prep.)直到apply(v.)申請apply for申請