
攝氏零下58度
Tina and Sean are friends. They are chatting.
蒂娜和肖恩是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Tina: Have you heard about the extreme cold in Siberia? It’s super cold!
蒂娜:你聽說過西伯利亞的極寒天氣嗎?超級冷!
biting(adj.)嚴寒的
Sean: Really? How cold?
肖恩:真的嗎?有多冷?
Tina: Temperatures in Yakutsk dropped to minus 58 degrees Celsius! Can you imagine that?
蒂娜:雅庫次克的氣溫降到攝氏零下58度!你能想像嗎?
temperature(n.)溫度、氣溫have a temperature發燒=have a feverdrop(v.)降低、下降、掉下imagine(v.)想像
Sean: Wow, that’s freezing!
肖恩:哇,那真的太冷了!
freezing(adj.)極冷的freeze(v.)結凍、結冰
Tina: I read about a guy who went there on purpose to experience the weather.
蒂娜:我讀到還有人特地去那裡體驗這種天氣。
on purpose 故意地、特地weather(n.)天氣be under the weather身體不舒服
Sean: Did he manage okay?
肖恩:他受得了嗎?
manage(v.)順利完成(尤指困難的事)
Tina: Yeah, he said he prepared well with layers of clothes and two pairs of gloves. Even his coat got stiff!
蒂娜:可以啊,他說他準備得很充分,穿了好多層衣服,還帶了兩雙手套。甚至他的外套都變硬了!
prepare(v.)準備have preparation for為~做準備stiff(adj.)硬的、(身體)僵硬的
Sean: I can’t imagine living in such cold. I wonder what daily life is like there.
肖恩:我無法想像在這麼寒冷的地方生活。我想知道那裡的日常生活是怎樣的。
Tina: In the market, they sell frozen fish without a freezer. The locals wear large fur hats, and one guy mentioned that you just need the right clothes and keep moving to beat the cold.
蒂娜:在市場上,他們賣冷凍的魚,連冰箱都不需要。當地人戴著大毛皮帽,還有一個人提到你只需要穿對衣服,並保持活動,就能抵擋寒冷。
frozen(adj.)結凍的against(v.)抵抗、對抗endure(v.)忍受endure the winter months度過寒冬
Sean: Life in Siberia sounds challenging. We’re so lucky to have our milder weather!
肖恩:西伯利亞的生活聽起來很辛苦。我們真的很幸運有著比較溫暖的天氣!
challenging(adj.)有挑戰性的be lucky to VR 有幸~mild(adj.)暖和的、味道淡的