
水庫快見底
Jason and Monica are roommates. Jason is about to take a bath.
傑森和莫妮卡是室友。傑森要泡澡。
be about to do sth.即將take a bath泡澡
Monica: What do you think you’re doing?
莫妮卡:你在做什麼?
Jason: I’m taking a bath. I had a long day.
傑森:我要泡澡啊。我今天過好累。
Monica: No, you’re not. We are running out of water. Take a shower instead.
莫妮卡:不行。我們面臨缺水危機欸。沖澡就好吧。
run out of用盡instead作為替代
Jason: Will we be charged extra if we use too much water?
傑森:如果我們用太多的水,會被收取額外費用嗎?
Monica: No, but we are encouraged to save water as many reservoirs are running low. However, the government is starting to charge electronics factories and steel factories more money because they use a lot of water.
莫妮卡:不會,但鼓勵大家省點水,因為很多水庫都要沒水了。新政策也會電子、鋼鐵這些大量用水的行業工廠收取更多耗水費。
encourage(v.)鼓勵save(v.)節省reservoir(n.)水庫run low量低on the other hand另一方面factory(n.)工廠steel(n.)鋼鐵
Jason: Wow, they will not be happy.
傑森:哇,他們一定會不開心。
Monica: But the government also rewards those who come up with ways to save water.
莫妮卡:政府也獎勵制定節水措施的廠商啊。
reward(v.)獎勵come up with想出
Jason: That’s good news.
傑森:這是個好消息。
Monica: So, you should do the same. No bath.
莫妮卡:所以你也應該做同樣的事情。不準泡澡。