
必訪景點有哪些?
Emma is visiting New York for the first time and is walking around the city with her local friend Jack.
艾瑪第一次造訪紐約,正與住在當地的朋友傑克一起在城市裡走走看看。
walk around四處走走、到處逛逛local(adj.)當地的(n.)當地人local specialty當地特產/local customs地方習俗
Emma: Everything feels so big here. The streets are busy, and there are people everywhere.
艾瑪:這裡什麼都好大,街道很繁忙,到處都是人。
Jack: That’s true. New York can feel overwhelming at first.
傑克:沒錯,紐約一開始真的會讓人有點不知所措。
overwhelming(adj.)令人不知所措的overwhelm(v.)心理上的壓倒、難以承受、使難以應付(多用於工作)at first一開始、起初
Emma: But I like the energy. It feels alive.
艾瑪:但我喜歡這種感覺,很有活力。
alive(adj.)活躍的、充滿活力的
Jack: Many people feel the same way. That’s part of the city’s charm.
傑克:很多人都有同感,這就是這座城市的魅力之一。
charm(n.)魅力、吸引力、護身符、吉祥物
Emma: What are the must-visit attractions in this city?
艾瑪: 這個城市有哪些必訪的景點?
attraction(n.)景點、吸引人的事物
Jack: If you like culture, you should see a Broadway show.
傑克:如果你喜歡文化活動,一定要看一場百老匯表演。
Emma: I’ve heard about Broadway. Is it good for first-time visitors?
艾瑪:我聽過百老匯,適合第一次來的人嗎?
Jack: Yes. Some shows are easy to enjoy, and the music is great.
傑克:是的,有些表演輕鬆易懂,音樂也很棒。
Emma: That sounds fun. I really like music and live shows.
艾瑪:聽起來很好玩,我真的很喜歡音樂和現場表演。
live(adj.)現場的live broadcast /livestream(n.)(v.)直播live audience現場觀眾
Jack: Then you can visit jazz clubs or watch street performers.
傑克:那你也可以去爵士樂酒吧,或看街頭藝人表演。
performer(n.)表演者perform(v.)表演 、執行
Emma: I like street performances. They feel very local.
艾瑪:我喜歡街頭表演,很有在地感。
Jack: For museums, the Metropolitan Museum is a great choice.
傑克:如果是博物館的話,大都會藝術博物館是很好的選擇。
a metropolitan area大都會區make a choice做出選擇personal choice個人選擇have no choice but to do sth.不得不…
Emma: I want to learn more about American culture there.
艾瑪:我想在那裡多了解美國文化。
Jack: That’s a good plan. New York is not just a city — it’s a cultural experience.
傑克:那是個好主意。紐約不只是一座城市,而是一種文化體驗。
life experience人生經歷firsthand experience第一手經驗、親身體驗