
高估的維他命
Noah and Sarah are a couple. They are chatting.
諾亞和莎拉是夫妻,他們在聊天。
Sarah: What are those pills in your hand? Did you go to the doctor?
莎拉:你手裡的藥是什麼啊?你有去看醫生嗎?
pills(n.)藥片capsule(n.)膠囊capsule hostel膠囊旅館powder(n.)粉末、藥粉syrup(n.)糖漿、藥水go to the doctor, hospital, clinic看醫生
Noah: No, they’re my daily vitamins.
諾亞:沒有,這些是我每天吃的維他命。
vitamin(n.)維他命mineral(n.)礦物質medicine(n.)藥品supplement(n.)補給品、保健品
Sarah: You may not know, but vitamins are only good for making expensive urine.
莎拉:你可能不知道,但是維他命只對產生昂貴的尿有用處而已。
good for對某事有好處
Noah: What do you mean by that?
諾亞:這麼說是什麼意思?
Sarah: I’m saying some studies show that vitamins don’t have any actual effects against diseases. People think too highly of them.
莎拉:我是說,有些研究指出維他命對疾病沒有實際效用。人們太高估維他命了。
actual(adj.)真正的、實際上diseases(n.)傳染病illness(n.)病症disorder(n.)失調think highly of重視、對某人事物評價高
Noah: Well, what do those doctors suggest then?
諾亞:不然,那些醫生建議我們做什麼?
suggest(v.)建議advise(v.)給意見recommend(v.)推薦suggestion(n.)建議advice(n.)意見recommendation(n.)推薦
Sarah: They say that having a balanced diet is quite enough.
莎拉:他們說均衡飲食其實就很夠了。
strike a balance between A and B在A和B之間取得平衡a balanced diet均衡的飲食
Noah: I guess you’re right. But I’ve gotten into the habit of taking vitamins every day.
諾亞:我想你是對的,但我已經很習慣每天吃維他命了。
get into the habit of Ving養成什麼習慣N. or Ving become one’s habit某事變成習慣hobby(n.)興趣、嗜好
Sarah: You know you’re basically throwing money down the drain, right?
莎拉:你知道你這樣等於是白花錢嗎?
throwing money down the drain把錢丟進水溝、白花錢
Noah: What can I say? I feel uncomfortable without them.
諾亞:我能說什麼?沒有它們我就會覺得不自在。
confortable(adj.)舒適的、自在的I don’t feel well.我不舒服
Sarah: All right. Keep taking them as long as it makes you happy.
莎拉:好吧,只要你開心就繼續吃吧。
take medicine服藥as long as只要
Noah: Thanks for not giving me a hard time.
諾亞:真謝謝你沒有繼續教訓我。
thanks for感謝某事give sb. a hard time讓誰日子不好過、教訓