
外幣牌價變化
Mia is a bank teller. She just came across her friend, Simon, at the bank.
米雅是銀行出納。她在銀行遇見朋友賽門。
come across=bump into巧遇
Mia: Hey, Simon. What are you doing here?
米雅:嘿,賽門。你在這裡做什麼?
Simon: I didn’t know that you work here. I’m here to buy some Japanese yen.
賽門:我不知道你在這工作。我來兌換一些日幣。
Mia: The exchange rate is really good now. It has just dropped to a new low. We have many clients here today exchanging for Japanese yen.
米雅:現在新台幣兌日幣匯率很好。日幣已跌至新低。今天有很多客戶也來銀行換錢。
exchange rate匯率drop(v.)下降、low(n.)低點
Simon: Yes. I also think it’s a great time to exchange. Great minds think alike.
賽門:就是說啊,我也覺得現在這個時機點超棒,真是英雄所見略同。
Great minds think alike.英雄所見略同
Mia: It would be nice to get some yen for future trips to Japan.
米雅:先換一些日幣之後去日本旅行很方便。
Simon: You bet. Where are the counters?
賽門:沒錯。櫃檯在哪裡呢?
counter(n.)櫃台
Mia: The counters for exchanging foreign currencies are upstairs. My colleague will help you out.
米雅:外幣兌換櫃檯在樓上。我的同事會幫你。
foreign(adj.)外國的、foreigner外國人currency貨幣
Simon: Also, how often does the market value of a foreign currency change?
賽門:還有就是,外幣的牌價多久會變化一次?
market value市價
Mia: It changes every day. So, you`ve come to the bank at the right time.
米雅:每天都在變化。所以你來對時間了。