
長榮海運前景看好
Jim and Mary are colleagues. They just received the invitation for their company’s year-end party.
吉姆和瑪麗是同事。他們剛剛收到了今年尾牙的邀請函。
invitation(n.)邀請函year-end party尾牙
Jim: Are you looking forward to the party next week?
吉姆:你期待下週的尾牙嗎?
Mary: Not really. Thank God that we don’t have to dance and sing this time. I look forward to the bonus this year more.
瑪麗:還好呢。感謝上帝,今年不用跳舞唱歌。我更期待今年的年終獎金啦。
Jim: Right. I almost forgot about it.
吉姆:對,獎金。我都幾乎快忘了。
Mary: Have you heard about how much the Evergreen Marine Corp gave to their workers?
瑪麗:你有聽說長榮海運發給員工多少錢嗎?
marine(adj.)海事的、航海的
Jim: I have heard about it. Some of the employees received a bonus that is equal to 40 months of salaries. It’s all over the news.
吉姆:有。有些員工拿了40個月的年終。新聞都在報呢。
be equal to等同於salary(n.)薪水、annual salary年薪all over the news新聞都在報
Mary: I can’t believe it! They must have made a lot of money.
瑪麗:我簡直不敢相信!一定賺了很多錢。
Jim: Well, the coronavirus doesn’t seem to stop spreading...
吉姆:嗯,新冠肺炎似乎並沒有停止傳播的跡象……
spread(v.)散播
Mary: That means things are still looking good for all the shipping companies out there.
瑪麗:這意味著所有航運公司的前景仍然看好。
shipping company航運公司
Jim: Maybe we should start finding jobs in that industry.
吉姆:也許我們應該開始在那個行業找工作。
industry(n.)產業
Mary: Way ahead of you. I’ve sent my resume over!
瑪麗:早你一步囉。我已經投履歷了!
ahead of sb.早先一步resume履歷