
無憂無慮吃美食
Philip and Tammy are a couple. They are having a conversation.
菲力普和泰咪是一對情侶,他們正在對話。
Philip: I made your favorite soup. It’s hot, so be careful.
菲力普:我做了你喜歡的湯,很熱,小心一點。
careful(adj.)小心的be careful with~小心
Tammy: Thank you! It smells delicious. Let me taste it now.
泰咪:謝謝!聞起來好香,我現在試試。
smell(v.)(n.)聞起來、味道taste(v.)(n.)品嚐、口味、味道
Philip: Wait, Tammy! I learned something today — having hot drinks and foods over 65 degrees Celsius can burn our throat.
菲力普:等等,泰咪!我今天學到了一件事——吃超過攝氏65度的熱食和熱飲會燙傷喉嚨。
something(pron.)某件事物some things某些事物degree(n.)溫度、程度throat(n.)喉嚨force sth. down sb’s throat強加~在某人身上
Tammy: Oh, really? I didn’t know that. How hot is my soup?
泰咪:喔,真的嗎?我不知道呢。我的湯有多燙?
Philip: I’m not sure, but it’s better to wait a bit.
菲力普:我不確定,但最好稍微等一下。
a bit一點點、一下子
Tammy: You’re right. I’ll let it cool down a bit.
泰咪:你說得對。我讓它稍微冷卻一下。
cool down 降溫
Philip: Good, and it’s not just about how hot it is; it’s also about doing it a lot. We often drink hot tea and soup, especially in winter.
菲力普:很好,而且不僅僅是溫度的問題,還有頻率的問題。我們常在冬天喝熱茶和湯。
especially(adv.)特別是、尤其是=particularly
Tammy: Then we should be more careful about what we eat and drink.
泰咪:那麼我們應該更注意我們吃喝的東西了。
Philip: Exactly! Let’s enjoy our meals without any worries.
菲力普:沒錯!讓我們無憂無慮地享用美食。
worry(n.)擔心、煩惱no worries不客氣、小事一樁