
咖啡因3倍於可樂
Daniel and Brittany are in the college cafeteria.
丹尼爾跟布蘭妮在大學餐廳裡。
college(n.)大學cafeteria(n.)自助餐廳
Brittany: Dan, what on earth are you drinking?
布蘭妮:丹,你到底是在喝什麼?
what on earth驚訝語氣,表示「到底」、「怎麼會」等drink(v.)喝
Daniel: Come on! It’s just a few energy drinks. I’m tired and I want to wake up before class.
丹尼爾:拜託!只是能量飲料啦。我好累,我想在上課前清醒。
energy drink能量飲料tired(adj.)疲累的wake up醒來、清醒
Brittany: Yes, but drinking that much is not healthy.
布蘭妮:我知道,但是喝太多能量飲料不健康。
drink(v.)喝healthy(adj.)健康的
Daniel: How bad can it be?
丹尼爾:能多不健康?
Brittany: Oh, it’s bad. So bad that England might ban children from drinking them.
布蘭妮:喔,很糟糕,糟糕到英格蘭可能會禁止小孩子喝能量飲料。
ban(v.)禁止child(n.)小孩子drink(v.)喝
Daniel: No, really?
丹尼爾:不是吧,真的假的?
Brittany: Really. In England children drink a lot of energy drinks, and that is a problem because they have a lot of sugar and caffeine in them. For example, did you know that Red Bull has three times as much caffeine as Coca Cola?
布蘭妮:真的,英格蘭的小孩喝很多能量飲料,但這是個問題,因為能量飲料裡面含大量的糖跟咖啡因,舉例來說,你知道紅牛能量飲料裡面的咖啡因是可口可樂的3倍嗎?
child(n.)小孩子drink(v.)喝energy drink能量飲料problem(n.)問題sugar(n.)糖分caffeine(n.)咖啡因
Daniel: That sounds like a lot for children to drink. Perhaps I should drink fewer energy drinks myself.
丹尼爾:如果要給小孩子喝的,聽起來的確是很多。也許我也該喝少點。
sound(v.)聽起來child(n.)小孩子perhaps(adv.)可能drink(v.)喝energy drink能量飲料myself(pron.)我自己
Brittany: You should. Remember, soda might give you energy, but it’s not the same as sleep. If you’re tired then you need rest, not sugar.
布蘭妮:真的,記得,氣泡飲料可能可以給你能量,但跟睡眠補充的能量不同。如果你累了,你需要休息,不是糖分。
remember(v.)記得energy(n.)能量sleep(n.)睡眠tired(adj.)疲累的rest(n.)休息sugar(n.)糖分