
醫生警告有受傷風險
Sally and Richard are friends. They are chatting.
莎莉和理察是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Sally: Hey, did you hear about Energy’s new song “Friday Night”? The dance is making waves everywhere!
莎莉:嘿,你有沒有聽過Energy的新歌《星期五晚上》?那個舞蹈真的造成很大的轟動!
make waves引起轟動
Richard: Yeah, I’ve heard about the song! They did 16 squats in a row at the end of the music video. It’s really catching on.
理察:有啊,我有聽說那首歌!他們在MV的結尾連續做了16次深蹲。這挑戰現在很流行。
squat(n.)深蹲in a row連續catch on變得流行
Sally: I know, everyone is trying it. I’ve seen so many videos on social media.
莎莉:我知道,大家都在嘗試。我在社群媒體上看到好多人的影片。
Richard: But did you hear the doctor’s warning? People might get hurt doing those squats.
理察:不過你有聽到醫生的警告嗎?做那些深蹲可能會受傷。
warning(n.)警告
Sally: Really? What did the doctor say?
莎莉:真的嗎?醫生說了什麼?
Richard: Dr. Huang said that doing 16 squats quickly can put a lot of strain on your body. If you’re not trained, you could injure yourself.
理察:黃醫生說快速做16次深蹲會對身體造成很大的壓力。如果沒有訓練過,可能會受傷。
put strain on~為~帶來壓力或負擔injure(v.)使受傷、弄傷injured(adj.)受傷的
Sally: That makes sense. For people who don’t usually exercise, it can be dangerous. We need to be careful.
莎莉:那很有道理。對不常運動的人來說,會很危險。我們要小心。
make sense使有道理、合乎邏輯dangerous(adj.)危險的
Richard: Definitely. The doctor suggested starting with easier exercises and gradually building up strength.
理察:沒錯。醫生建議先從低強度的運動開始,逐漸增加肌肉力量。
suggest(v.)建議suggest N,V-ing建議~suggest that S.(should) VR建議~build up累積
Sally: Good idea. I’ll practice first before trying the challenge.
莎莉:好主意。我會先練習一下,再嘗試16蹲挑戰。
Richard: Smart move. We can enjoy Energy’s music but stay safe.
理察:聰明的決定。我們可以享受Energy的音樂,但也要注意安全。
Sally: Agreed. Once I’m ready, let’s do the challenge together!
莎莉:同意。等我準備好了,我們再一起挑戰!
as long as只要be ready for sth.準備好~
Richard: Sounds good! Be sure to share your progress.
理察:沒問題!記得分享你的進度。
make sure確保~progress(n.)進步、進度make progress有所進步
Sally: I will!
莎莉:我會的!