
錢不是問題
Ada and Wilson are on a lunch break.
艾妲跟威爾森在午休。
Wilson: Congrats! I heard that you are going to sign a contract with a new client tomorrow.
威爾森:恭喜!我聽說你明天要跟新客戶簽約了。
congrats=congratulation恭喜sign(v.)簽署contract(n.)合約client(n.)客戶
Ada: Thanks. I hope things go smoothly tomorrow. It has been tiring.
艾妲:謝謝,希望明天一切順利,好累啊。
smoothly(adv.)順利地tiring(adj.)累人的
Wilson: I can help you with the contract if you need.
威爾森:合約的部分我可以幫你,如果你需要的話。
help sb with sth在某事上幫助某人contract(n.)合約
Ada: That’s nice. But it’s not about the contract, it’s the client. I think he likes giving people a hard time in general. He kept saying things like “money is not a problem,” yet he was haggling to get us to lower the price.
艾妲:你真好,但合約我沒問題,是客戶,我覺得那個客戶喜歡折磨別人吧,他一直說「錢不是問題」,但又一直想砍價。
contract(n.)合約client(n.)客戶give sb a hard time使某人日子不好過、惹麻煩in general整體來說keep(v.)持續haggle(v.)討價還價lower(v.)降低price(n.)價格
Wilson: Have you heard the term “emotional cost”?
威爾森:你有聽過「情緒成本」嗎?
term(n.)述語、措辭emotional(adj.)情緒上的cost(n.)成本
Ada: No, what’s that?
艾妲:沒有,那是什麼?
Wilson: Well, in simple terms, it means you’re working hard towards a goal, but in the process, you get emotionally upset or depressed.
威爾森:簡單來說,就是當你付出努力想達成一個目標,但過程讓你很挫折或沮喪。
goal(n.)目標process(n.)過程emotionally(adv.)情緒上地upset(adj.)生氣depressed(adj.)憂鬱的、消沈的
Ada: I see. That’s what I am experiencing.
艾妲:我懂了,這就是我正在經歷的感受。
experience(v.)經歷、體驗
Wilson: Don’t take it personally. How about we forget about your difficult client for now and just enjoy our lunch?
威爾森:別想得太針對自己了,現在忘掉那個討厭的客戶好好吃午餐吧。
personally(adv.)個人的forget about忘記⋯⋯difficult(adj.)難搞的client(n.)客戶for now目前