
環保招待好兄弟
Drew and Vivian are preparing some food for the Ghost Festival.
德魯和薇薇安正在為中元節準備一些食物。
prepare(v.)準備Ghost Festival中元節、Ghost Month鬼月
Drew: I’ve always found Ghost Month to be a fuss.
德魯:我一直覺得鬼月很麻煩。
Vivian: I get it. No swimming, no whistling and no hanging clothes at night.
薇薇安:我了解。不能游泳、不能吹口哨、不能晚上晾衣服。
whistle(v., n.)吹口哨hang(v.)吊掛
Drew: My mom always makes a fuss about these things.
德魯:我媽媽總是為這些事情大驚小怪。
make a fuss大驚小怪
Vivian: I’ll go buy some fruit now. Do you need anything?
薇薇安:我現在去買點水果。需要什麼嗎?
fruit(n.)水果、概略稱呼不可數
Drew: Why is there a stack of spirit money in the fridge?
德魯:冰箱裡怎麼會有一大疊紙錢?
stack(n.)疊
Vivian: Look closer. It’s a cake I ordered.
薇薇安:你仔細看。這是我訂的蛋糕。
Drew: This is brilliant! I’ve always thought burning all the paper is not exactly eco-friendly.
德魯:太棒了!我一直都覺得燒紙錢很不環保。
brilliant(adj.)極棒的burn-burnt or burned(v.)燃燒、曬傷、燙傷eco-friendly(adj.)環境生態友善的、ecosystem生態系統
Vivian: Killing two birds with one stone.
薇薇安:一石二鳥。
Kill two birds with one stone.一石二鳥
Drew: I do hope all the spirits can have a nice feast.
德魯:我希望所有好兄弟都能享受這場盛宴。
feast(n., v.)宴會、feast on sth.盡情享用
Vivian: And this cake will be a real treat.
薇薇安:這個蛋糕一定錦上添花啊。
treat(n.)款待享受、My treat我請客