
披薩買一送一
Zoe and Tom are thinking about what to have for dinner.
柔伊和湯姆在考慮晚餐要吃什麼。
what(pron.)…的for(prep.)為了
Zoe: I’m so hungry. What’s for dinner?
柔伊:我好餓哦!晚餐吃什麼呢?
Tom: What’s for dinner? I cooked last night. It’s your turn to be the chef.
湯姆:晚餐吃什麼?我昨晚煮飯,今天輪到妳下廚了。
turn(n.)機會chef(n.)主廚
Zoe: But I’m tired, I don’t want to cook. Why don’t we eat out?
柔伊:但我好累,我不想煮。我們何不外食呢?
Tom: You mean instead of eating in at home, let’s eat out at a restaurant?
湯姆:妳是說與其在家吃飯,我們外出去餐廳用餐嗎?
mean(v.)意思是instead(adv.)作為替代instead of與其、取代eat in在家吃飯let(v.)讓
Zoe: Exactly.
柔伊:沒錯。
exactly(adv.)精確地
Tom: I don’t know. I don’t want to spend a lot of money. Eating out is expensive.
湯姆:我不知道耶,我不想花很多錢;外出用餐很貴。
spend(v.)花、花費
Zoe: Well then, why don’t we order in? You know, get someone to deliver food to our apartment.
柔伊:嗯,那何不叫外賣呢?你知道的,請某人把食物送到我們公寓來。
get(v.)叫來someone(pron.)某人deliver(v.)運送、遞送apartment(n.)公寓
Tom: That’s a good idea. I love takeout. What shall we have?
湯姆:那是好主意耶,我愛外賣的餐點!我們要吃什麼呢?
idea(n.)想法、主意takeout(n.)外賣的飯食shall(aux.)應該
Zoe: How about pizza? I know a really good Italian restaurant nearby. There are two for the price of one today.
柔伊:披薩如何?我知道附近一間很棒的義大利餐廳,今天有買一送一哦!
Italian(adj.)義大利的nearby(adj.)在附近for(prep.)以…為交換、以…為代價price(n.)價格
Tom: I love the discount. Alright, let’s have pizza.
湯姆:我愛這個折扣!好,我們吃披薩吧!
discount(n.)折扣