
從薯條到香蕉
Leo and Sarah are friends. They are having a conversation.
里奧和莎拉是朋友。他們正在對話。
Leo: Hey, Sarah. What’s for lunch today?
里奧:嘿,莎拉,今天午餐吃什麼?
Sarah: I made a salad with chicken and some fruit. What about you?
莎拉:我做了雞肉沙拉,還有一些水果。你呢?
chicken(n.)雞肉a chicken一整隻雞a piece of chicken一塊雞肉pork(n.)豬肉beef(n.)牛肉mutton(n.)羊肉a slice of ham一片火腿
Leo: I got a burger and fries. I was really hungry.
里奧:我買了漢堡和薯條,因為我真的是太餓了。
Sarah: That sounds tasty, but it’s not very healthy.
莎拉:聽起來很好吃,但這樣不太健康。
Leo: I know, but I love burgers. What about your meal?
里奧:我知道,但我很愛漢堡。那你的餐點呢?
meal(n.)餐點main meal主餐a three-course meal三道菜的餐點
Sarah: It has vegetables, protein, and vitamins. Eating healthy food gives me more energy.
莎拉:它有蔬菜、蛋白質和維他命。吃健康的食物讓我更有精神。
protein(n.)蛋白質vitamin(n.)維他命、維生素energy(n.)能量、精力
Leo: But healthy food is sometimes boring.
里奧:但健康的食物有時候挺無聊的。
sth. is boring to sb.某事物對某人來說很無聊
Sarah: Not really! You can make healthy food tasty too. Have you ever tried a grilled chicken sandwich instead of a burger?
莎拉:其實不會!你也可以把健康的食物做得很好吃。你有試過吃烤雞肉三明治代替漢堡嗎?
not really不完全是grilled(adj.)燒烤的grill(v.)烤(直接放在火焰或熱源上方進行加熱)bake(v.)烘焙roast(v.)烤(放在烤盤中,需要高溫加熱)instead of代替、而不是
Leo: No, but that sounds good. What other healthy foods do you like?
里奧:沒有,但聽起來不錯。還有什麼其他健康的食物是你喜歡的呢?
Sarah: I like yogurt, nuts, and smoothies. You should try them!
莎拉:我喜歡優格、堅果和果昔。你應該試試看!
Leo: Maybe I will. Tomorrow, I’ll bring a banana instead of fries.
里奧:也許我會試試看。明天我會帶一根香蕉,不帶薯條了。
Sarah: That’s a great start!
莎拉:那是個很好的開始!