
孕婦多吃魚
David and Ellen are colleagues. They are chatting in the conference room.
大衛和艾倫是同事,他們在會議室聊天。
colleague(n.)同事conference room會議室
David: Look at you! You’re glowing! When are you expecting?
大衛:看看你!氣色很好耶!預產期在什麼時候?
glow(v.)發光When are you expecting?=When are you due?預產期是何時?
Ellen: Thanks! I’m due in August.
艾倫:謝謝,預產期是八月。
due(adj.)到期的
David: So, it’s about a month away. Remember to eat more fish. The DHA in fish is good for your baby. It can help brain cells to grow better.
大衛:所以離預產期剩下大約一個月囉?記得要多吃點魚,魚體內的DHA可以幫助腦細胞發展得更好,對寶寶來說很有益處。
away(adv.)距~多遠remember to RV記得要~brain(n.)大腦cell(n.)細胞grow(v.)生長
Ellen: Thanks for telling me. I like tuna and salmon. I won’t mind eating more of them.
艾倫:謝謝你告訴我這個資訊,我喜歡吃鮪魚跟鮭魚,我不介意多吃點。
tuna(n.)鮪魚salmon(n.)鮭魚don’t mind N(Ving)不介意~
David: Actually, you might want to avoid eating too much deep sea fish, because the mercury levels in their meat are pretty high.
大衛:其實你最好避免吃太多的深海魚,因為深海魚體內含汞量很高。
actually(adv.)事實上avoid N(Ving)避免~deep sea(deep-sea)(adj.)深海的mercury(n.)汞
Ellen: Which kinds of fish are low in mercury?
艾倫:哪些魚是含汞量較低的呢?
kind(n.)種類low in N含量少的
David: Mackerel and saury are better choices. Make sure that you have about 2 to 3 servings of fish per week.
大衛:鯖魚和秋刀魚是比較好的魚類,記得要每週吃二到三份的魚。
mackerel(n.)鯖魚saury(n.)秋刀魚choice(n.)選擇、選項make sure (that)=be sure to RV確保要做某事serving(n.)一份、一客
Ellen: Got it. Thanks! This is really helpful information.
艾倫:知道了!謝謝!這些資訊真的很有用。
helpful(adj.)有用的information(n.)資訊
David: No problem!
大衛:不客氣!
No problem!=You’re welcome!不客氣