
環境部呼籲民眾一起減塑
Matt and Nancy are friends. They are having a conversation.
邁特和南西是朋友。他們正在交談。
Matt: Hey Nancy, did you know that April 22 is World Earth Day? The Ministry of Environment wants people to learn how to use less plastic this year.
邁特:嘿南西,你知道4月22日是世界地球日嗎?今年環境部希望人們學會如何減少使用塑膠。
ministry(n.)部the Ministry of Defence國防部plastic(n.)塑膠plastic(adj.)塑膠的
Nancy: That sounds important. What are some ways we can do that?
南西:聽起來很重要。我們可以怎麼做?
Matt: Well, they suggest using our own bags instead of plastic ones when we go shopping. Also, we can carry our own water bottles instead of buying bottled water.
邁特:嗯,他們建議我們在購物時使用我們自己的袋子,而不是塑膠袋。此外,我們也可以攜帶自己的水壺,而不是買瓶裝水。
suggest(v.)建議suggest N.或V-ing建議~suggest (that) sb. VR.建議~A instead of B:A取代了Bbottle(n.)瓶子
Nancy: Those are good ideas. Anything else?
南西:那些都是好主意。還有別的嗎?
Matt: Yeah, they also encourage us to choose products with less plastic packaging and to avoid using plastic straws and utensils whenever possible.
邁特:有,他們還鼓勵我們選擇塑膠包裝較少的產品,盡量避免使用塑膠吸管和餐具。
encourage sb. to do sth.鼓勵某人去做某事packaging(n.)包裝package(v.)打包straw(n.)吸管utensil(n.)器具、用具whenever(adv.)每當、無論何時
Nancy: I see. Let’s try to remember those tips and do our part to use less plastic.
南西:我明白了。讓我們試著記住這些建議,為減少塑膠使用盡一份力。
do one’s part盡一己之力
Matt: They hope to stop using plastic completely by 2030.
邁特:環境部希望在2030年全面禁用塑膠。
by(後加時間可以表達no later than)不晚於
Nancy: That’s a big goal. We should help out.
南西:那是個很大的目標。我們應該出一份力。
goal(n.)目標reach one’s goal達到目標=achieve one’s goalset a goal設定目標help sb. out with sth.幫助某人某事
Matt: Right. Let’s do our part to help the Earth every day, not just on Earth Day!
邁特:對,讓我們每天都為幫助地球盡一份力,而不僅僅是在地球日!