
一日之計在於晨?
Emma and Jake are roommates. They are chatting.
艾瑪和傑克是室友。他們在聊天。
Emma: Good morning, Jake! You look really tired.
艾瑪:早安,傑克!你看起來好累哦。
tired(adj.)疲倦的、疲累的be tired of對…感到厭倦get tired of開始對…感到厭倦
Jake: Yeah… I stayed up late last night. I’m a night owl.
傑克:是啊⋯⋯我昨晚熬夜了。我是個夜貓子。
stay up熬夜、晚睡
Emma: I see! I’m an early bird. I get up at 6 a.m. every day.
艾瑪:原來如此!我是晨型人。我每天早上六點起床。
get up起床get up early早起get up late晚起wake up醒來
Jake: Whoa! That’s way too early for me. I like staying up late and working at night.
傑克:哇!那對我來說太早了。我喜歡晚睡,在晚上做事。
way too 太~了、過於at night晚上in the daytime白天
Emma: But mornings are great! My grandma always says, “The morning is the best time of the day.”
艾瑪:但早晨很棒啊!我奶奶總是說:「一日之計在於晨。」
best(adj.)最好的
Jake: Hmm… Maybe. But I feel more awake at night.
傑克:嗯⋯⋯也許吧。但我晚上精神比較好。
awake(adj.)清醒的keep sb. awake讓某人醒著
Emma: You should try getting up early. You can see the sunrise!
艾瑪:你應該試試早起。你可以看到日出哦!
try V-ing試試看做某事sunrise(n.)日出
Jake: Maybe someday… but not today. I need more sleep!
傑克:也許哪天吧⋯⋯但不是今天。我需要多睡一點!
someday(adv.)(將來)有一天、有朝一日light sleep淺眠deep sleep深眠
Emma: Haha! Okay, sleep well, night owl!
艾瑪:哈哈!好吧,夜貓子,睡個好覺吧!
Jake: Thanks, early bird! See you later.
傑克:謝啦,早起鳥!待會見。