
排雲山莊徵人
Sally and Carl are high school friends. They are sitting in a coffee shop in Taipei. Sally is scrolling through her phone.
莎莉和卡爾是高中同學。他們正坐在台北的一間咖啡廳。莎莉正在滑手機。
scroll through滑動瀏覽
Sally: Hey Carl, look at this! Paiyun Lodge is hiring. The pay is 45,000 NT dollars a month!
莎莉:嘿卡爾,你看這個!排雲山莊在徵人耶。月薪有四萬五千元!
hire(v.)徵人、雇用hire sb. as+職位:雇用某人當~pay rise加薪/pay cut減薪
Carl: Wow! And you get 15 days off a month? That sounds like a dream job.
卡爾:哇!而且一個月可以休息15天?那聽起來像夢幻工作。
Sally: I know! Free food and a free bed, too. You can save all your money.
莎莉:對吧!還包吃包住。你可以把錢全部存起來。
room and board住宿和餐食
Carl: Wait, Sally. Look at the location. It is 3,402 meters high!
卡爾:等等,莎莉。妳看這地點。海拔3,402公尺高耶!
location(n.)地點location of+地方:~的位置locate(v.)找到be located in/at位於~
Sally: So? You always say you want to be close to nature.
莎莉:所以呢?你總說你想親近大自然。
be close to...靠近、接近
Carl: But there are no roads for cars! Yo have to walk 8.5 kilometers to Paiyun Lodge just to get to work. That is not a job — that is a hike!
卡爾:但那裡沒有路給車走啊!妳去排雲山莊上班得先走8.5公里。那不是工作,是登山吧!
hike(n.)登山、健行、大幅增加
Sally: True. And it says you must “be okay with being lonely.” There is no internet up there.
莎莉:沒錯。上面還寫說你必須「耐得住寂寞」。那上面沒有網路。
lonely(adj.)寂寞的、孤單的left out被冷落的
Carl: No internet? No video games? Okay, I am fully awake now. I will stay in the city and keep my boring job.
卡爾:沒網路?沒電動?好吧,我完全清醒了。我還是待在城市,繼續做我那份無聊的工作好了。
awake(adj.)醒著的stay awake保持清醒wide awake完全清醒half awake半夢半醒
Sally: I might try it, though. I love the mountains more than my phone!
莎莉:不過我可能會試試看。我愛山,比愛我的手機還多!
more than…勝過、超過