
跟奶奶學的客家粽
Dragon Boat Festival is coming. Henry just got home.
端午節快到了。亨利剛回到家。
festival(n.)節慶
Henry: I am home!
亨利:我回來了!
Bella: Where did you go?
貝拉:你去哪了?
Henry: I went to my weekly practice for the dragon boat race.
亨利:我去參加每週的龍舟比賽練習啊。
weekly(adj.)每周的practice(n.)練習
Bella: You signed up for the race? So cool!
貝拉:你報名參加比賽了嗎?好酷!
sign up for sth報名
Henry: Yes. Come cheer me on by the river that day.
亨利:對啊。那天快來河邊幫我加油。
cheer sb. on加油by the river在河邊
Bella: No problem. I can also make some sticky rice dumplings for you.
貝拉:沒問題。我也可以幫你做些粽子。
sticky rice dumpling粽子
Henry: Which kind do you make?
亨利:你做哪種粽子?
kind(n.)種類
Bella: Hakka kind. I learned the recipe from my grandmother.
貝拉:客家粽。我從奶奶那裡學的。
recipe(n.)食譜、配方
Henry: It must be delicious. I’ll go take a shower first. I don’t feel comfortable with all the sweat.
亨利:嗯嗯,一定很好吃。我先去洗個澡,我全身是汗好不舒服。
delicious(adj.)美味的take a shower沖澡feel or be comfortable with感到舒適sweat(n.)汗
Bella: Sure.
貝拉:好。