
我們可以輪流開車
Joyce and Simon are coworkers.
喬伊斯跟賽門是同事。
coworker(n.)同事
Joyce: So, what are your plans for the long weekend in early June?
喬伊斯:六月初的假期你有什麼計畫嗎?
plan(n.)計畫long weekend連續假日
Simon: You mean Dragon Boat Festival? I’m going back to Kaohsiung.
賽門:你是說端午節嗎?我要回高雄。
Joyce: I’m going to Kaohsiung too.
喬伊斯:我也要去高雄。
Simon: Really? I can give you a ride.
賽門:真的?那我可以載你。
give sb a ride載某人一程
Joyce: When will you be leaving?
喬伊斯:你什麼時候出發?
leave(v.)離開
Simon: Probably at midnight on June 6th. I don’t want to be stuck in a traffic jam the next day.
賽門:也許6月6日半夜吧,我不想隔天塞車塞整天。
midnight(n.)午夜be stuck in a traffic jam塞在車陣中
Joyce: That’s a smart move.
喬伊斯:提早出發很聰明。
smart(adj.)聰明的move(n.)行為
Simon: So, what do you say? We can take turns driving.
賽門:所以要嗎?我們可以輪流開車。
take turn輪流drive(v.)開車
Joyce: That’s very nice of you. But I’ve already booked HSR tickets.
喬伊斯:你真好,但我已經訂好高鐵票了。
book(v.)預訂