
創世界先例
Chris and Eve are friends. They are chatting.
克里斯和伊芙是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Chris: Hey Eve, have you heard about the drag queen performance at Taiwan’s presidential office?
克里斯:嗨,伊芙,你有聽說在台灣總統府的變裝皇后表演嗎?
Eve: Yeah, I read about it on CNN. Nymphia Wind gave quite a show, didn’t she?
伊芙:有啊,我有在CNN上讀到。妮妃雅確實獻上了一場精彩的表演,不是嗎?
give a show 表演
Chris: Absolutely! Twirling, sashaying, and even doing the splits in front of the president. That takes guts!
克里斯:當然!在總統面前旋轉、大搖大擺的走,甚至還做了劈腿。那需要很大的勇氣!
twirl(v.)旋轉sashay(v.)大搖大擺地走split(n.)劈腿、分歧in front of~在~面前guts(n.)勇氣gut(n.)大肚子
Eve: It sure does. And lip-syncing to Lady Gaga and Taiwanese songs? That’s impressive.
伊芙:確實如此。而且還對嘴唱了Lady Gaga和台語歌?那真是令人驚艷。
lip-sync(v.)對嘴sync=synchronize(v.)同步
Chris: Definitely. Plus, it’s historic. I don’t think any other presidential office has hosted a drag show before.
克里斯:當然。而且那是歷史性的。我想應該沒有任何總統府有舉辦過變裝秀。
historic(adj.)歷史性的
Eve: Taiwan is leading in LGBTQ+ rights.
伊芙:台灣在 LGBTQ+ 權益方面處於領先地位。
LGBTQ(Lesbian女同性戀者、Gay男同性戀者、Bisexual雙性戀者、Transgender跨性別者、Questioning對性別認同感到疑惑的人或Queer對異性戀不同的性取向的統稱)
Chris: Definitely. It’s moments like these that make me proud to be Taiwanese.
克里斯:確實如此。正是這樣的時刻讓我為自己是台灣人感到驕傲。
proud(adj.)驕傲的、自豪的
Eve: Same here. Let’s hope people will become more open-minded in the future.
伊芙:我也是。讓我們期待未來人們會變得更加包容。
same here我也一樣、我同意open-minded(adj.)開放的、寬容的