
當壞成績變成新的開始
Lily and Tom are sitting in the classroom after their math test. Everyone just got their scores back. Lily hides her paper under her bag.
莉莉和湯姆在教室裡。大家剛拿到數學考卷。莉莉把考卷藏在書包下面。
score(n.)分數
Tom: Hey, Lily, what did you get on the math test?
湯姆:嘿,莉莉,妳數學考幾分?
Lily: Don’t ask! It’s terrible.
莉莉:別問!很慘啦。
terrible(adj.)可怕的、糟糕的 、非常不好的=awful
Tom: Oh, come on! It can’t be that bad.
湯姆:唉呀,別這樣!應該沒那麼糟吧?
come on加油、別鬧了、拜託(依據不同情境)
Lily: I got 52. I studied last night, but I forgot everything this morning.
莉莉:我只有52分。我昨天晚上有讀,可是今天早上全忘了。
forget(v.)忘記forget to VR忘記去做/forget V-ing忘記已做
Tom: Ouch. Yeah, that happens to me too. I always get nervous before a test.
湯姆:哎唷,我也會這樣。我每次考試前都很緊張。
happen to~(某事)發生在某人身上nervous(adj.)緊張的
Lily: My mom will be so angry. She wants me to get 90 or more.
莉莉:我媽一定會氣死。她要我至少考九十分。
Tom: Wow, that’s pressure! Hey, let’s study together next time. We can make a plan.
湯姆:哇,那壓力很大!嘿,我們下次一起讀吧。可以一起擬個計畫。
pressure(n.)壓力put pressure on…對~施壓next time下次
Lily: You’d help me? Really?
莉莉:你要幫我?真的嗎?
Tom: Of course! We can go to the library after school.
湯姆:當然!我們放學後可以去圖書館。
library(n.)圖書館
Lily: Sounds good. Maybe next time, we’ll both feel better about our scores.
莉莉:聽起來不錯。也許下次我們都會對成績比較滿意。