
禁止客廳跳繩
Diane and Jack are roommates. Jack is jumping rope in the living room.
黛安和傑克是室友。傑克在客廳裡跳繩。
living room客廳
Diane: What’s that noise?
黛安:那是什麼聲音?
noise(n.)噪音
Jack: It’s me. I’m jumping rope.
傑克:是我。我在跳繩。
Diane: Jack! Knock it off.
黛安:傑克!別跳了。
knock it off住手停止
Jack: Why? I’m on fire.
傑克:為什麼?我跳得正高興。
on fire興頭上、做的順手
Diane: Do it somewhere else. The downstairs neighbors won’t be happy.
黛安:去別的地方跳啦,別讓樓下的鄰居不開心。
downstairs樓下的neighbor(n.)鄰居
Jack: Oops. Sorry.
傑克:糟糕。抱歉。
Diane: Why are you jumping rope now?
黛安:你為什麼突然要跳繩?
Jack: My friends made fun of me about my weight. So, I’m trying to shed a few kilos by jumping rope.
傑克:我的朋友們嘲笑我的體重,所以我想說來跳繩看看能不能減掉幾公斤。
make fun of sb.取笑、嘲弄weight(n.)體重shed(v.)捨棄、shed a few kilos甩掉幾公斤by Ving藉由方式
Diane: Well, don’t do it in the apartment.
黛安:好,但不要在公寓裡跳繩喔。
Jack: Alright. I’ll find other places to jump.
傑克:好啦,我會去別的地方跳。
other places其他地方