
第二件打五折
David and May are a couple. May is shopping online.
大衛和梅是一對情侶。梅正在網購。
online(adv.)在網路上
David: May! Why are there so many things in your shopping cart?
大衛:梅!為什麼你的購物車有這麼多東西?
shopping cart購物車
May: Well, many sellers are having sales now.
梅:嗯,很多賣家現在都在特價。
have a sale打折、特價中on sale特價
David: But do you really need all of these things?
大衛:但你真的需要這些東西嗎?
May: Look at this one, there`s a ten percent discount on the lamp. But if you buy a second one, you get 50 percent off. Don’t you want a bedside lamp?
梅:看這個,這盞燈打九折。如果買第二個,就打五折。你不是想買一盞床頭燈嗎?
discount(n.)減價、打折lamp(n.)(有燈罩的)燈bedside lamp床頭燈street lamp路燈off(adv.)去掉、去除
David: Yep. But we don’t need two bedside lamps.
大衛:是啊。但我們不需要兩盞床頭燈。
May: Come on. They’re going for a song.
梅:拜託。他們很便宜耶。
for a song非常便宜地
David: Don’t burn a hole in your pocket. You’ll waste lots of money.
大衛:別一有錢就想花。你會浪費很多錢。
waste(v.)(n.)浪費
May: Wait! They’re out of stock.
梅:等等!沒貨了。
out of stock缺貨in stock有庫存
David: Then save your money.
大衛:把錢存起來吧。
save(v.)儲存
May: Alright.
梅:好吧。