
我讓隊伍失望了
Jason and Vivian meet after school. Jason looks really down.
傑森和薇薇安在放學後見面。傑森看起來心情很低落。
down(adj.)低落的
Vivian: What’s wrong, Jason?
薇薇安:怎麼了,傑森?
Jason: I played in the basketball game last night.
傑森:我參加了昨晚的籃球賽。
game(n.)比賽
Vivian: Isn’t that great? You practice every day for the chance to play.
薇薇安:這不是很好嗎?你每天練習就是為了有上場機會。
chance(n.)機會
Jason: But I blew a great chance. I made a mistake, and the team lost in the end.
傑森:但我搞砸了那機會。我犯了個錯誤,最後隊伍輸了比賽。
動詞三態blow-blew-blown=吹blow the chance=搞砸某個機會in the end=最後
Vivian: That must feel terrible.
薇薇安:那感覺一定很糟。
terrible(adj.)糟糕的
Jason: Yeah, I let the team down.
傑森:對啊,我讓隊伍失望了。
team(n.)團隊
Vivian: Well, I don’t think they would blame you.
薇薇安:嗯,但我想他們不會將一切都怪在你身上。
blame(v.)責怪
Jason: They didn’t. But I think it’s my fault.
傑森:他們沒有,但我認為是我的錯。
fault(n.)過錯
Vivian: Don’t be so hard on yourself. We all know how hard you work.
薇薇安:別對自己這麼苛刻。我們都知道你很努力了。
hard(adv.)努力
Jason: Thank you. It’s always nice to talk to you.
傑森:謝謝。跟妳說話總是能感覺好些。
always(adv.)總是
Vivian: Anytime. Let’s go eat some ice cream to cheer you up.
薇薇安:隨時都行。我們去吃冰淇淋來提振一下你的心情吧!
cheer sb up=鼓舞某人的心情