
堅定立場學會拒絕
Ingrid and Matthew are colleagues. They are chatting.
英格和馬修是同事。他們在聊天。
colleague(n.)同事
Ingrid: Aren’t you ready to go home?
英格:你還沒準備要回家了嗎?
ready(adj.)準備好
Matthew: I still have a long list of things to do.
馬修:我還有一大串事情要做。
list(n.)清單
Ingrid: But we just finished the big project today.
英格:但我們今天才完成了一項大計畫。
finish(v.)完成project(n.)計畫、專案
Matthew: Well, Olivia asked me to help her with her report.
馬修:嗯,奧莉薇亞請我幫忙完成她的報告。
ask(v.)要求、請求help sb with sth=幫助某人做某事report(n.)報告
Ingrid: You also helped Joseph yesterday. Do you even have enough time to sleep?
英格:你昨天也幫了喬瑟夫。你真的有足夠時間能睡覺嗎?
enough(adj.)充足的
Matthew: You know me. I don’t know how to say no to people.
馬修:你知道的嘛。我不知道怎麼拒絕別人。
how引導出間接問句
Ingrid: You need to stand your ground. Just say that you’re busy.
英格:你得堅守你的立場才行,就說你很忙啊。
stand one’s ground=堅定立場
Matthew: You’re right. I should learn to turn people down when needed.
馬修:你說的對。我該學著在需要的時候拒絕他人。
turn sb down=拒絕他人
Ingrid: Yeah. Don’t always try to please people.
英格:是啊。別總是想討別人開心。
always(adv.)總是
Matthew: Easier said than done.
馬修:說來容易但很難做到啊。
easier than…=比...更簡單