
別想吃義大利麵了
Mom is in the kitchen. Tom is just back home from school.
媽媽在廚房裡,湯姆剛從學校回家。
home(adv.)到家、在家
Tom: Mom, I am home.
湯姆:媽媽,我回來了。
Mom: How is your day?
媽媽:你今天好嗎?
how is your day問候語
Tom: It is all right. What are you cooking, Mom? It smells so good.
湯姆:還可以囉。媽媽妳在煮什麼?好香啊!
smell(v.)有⋯氣味、聞
Mom: I am cooking bacon and tomato pasta.
媽媽:我在煮培根番茄義大利麵。
pasta(n.)義大利麵
Tom: How nice! I can’t wait to have dinner.
湯姆:太棒了!我等不及要吃晚餐了。
can’t wait to Vr.等不及⋯
Mom: Go do your homework. Let me call you when it is ready.
媽媽:去寫功課,晚餐好了我會叫你的。
ready(adj.)準備好的
(20 minutes later, Tom is in the living room.)
(20分鐘後,湯姆在客廳。)
later(adv.)之後
Mom: Tom, are you doing your homework now?
媽媽:湯姆,你現在在寫作業嗎?
do homework寫功課
Tom: Hmm…kind of. I am doing my homework and watching a cartoon on TV.
湯姆:呃?可以這樣說啦。我一邊寫作業,一邊在看電視上的卡通。
cartoon(n.)卡通on TV電視上
Mom: That’s a bad habit. Finish your homework, or no pasta for you.
媽媽:壞習慣!把你的作業寫完,不然你別想吃義大利麵了。
habit(n.)習慣or(conj.)否則