
睽違32年奪冠
Don and Austin are watching Game 6 of the World Series. They are both Dodgers’ fans.
唐和奧斯汀正在看2020世界大賽第六戰。他們都是道奇隊的粉絲。
Don: Oh my goodness! Dodgers win!
唐:天哪!道奇隊贏了!
Austin: Yes! We beat the Tampa Bay Rays!
奧斯汀:對!我們擊敗了光芒隊!
beat=defeat(v.)擊敗、beat-beat-beaten
Don: It has been too long. I’m gonna cry.
唐:真的好久了。我要哭了。
Austin: This is our first World Series championship since 1988. It has been 32 years.
奧斯汀:這是自1988年以來的第一個世界大賽冠軍。已經32年了。
championship(n.)冠軍頭銜、錦標賽since自從
Don: What Betts did in the eighth inning was just amazing!
唐:貝茲在八局做的事情真是太神奇了!
inning(n.)棒球的局、top or bottom of the inning
Austin: Yeah! He tacked on one more score for the team!
奧斯汀:沒錯!他為球隊再添一分!
tack on添補score(n.)分數
Don: It put the victory in the bag!
唐:勝券在握!
victory(n.)勝利in the bag勝券在握、十拿九穩
Austin: We should go out on the streets to celebrate!
奧斯汀:我們應該去街上慶祝!
celebrate(v.)慶祝、celebration(n.)
Don: I heard that a section of Whittier Boulevard was blocked by fans!
唐:我聽說惠蒂埃大道的一段完全被球迷佔滿了!
section(n.)一段boulevard(n.)大道=avenueblock(v.)阻擋
Austin: Let’s join them.
奧斯汀:我們去加入他們一起慶祝。