
豪華牢飯
Kiki and James are going to Japan next month.
琪琪跟詹姆斯下個月要去日本。
James: Kiki, what hotel are we staying at in Japan?
詹姆斯:琪琪,我們在日本要住哪家飯店?
hotel(n.)飯店stay at暫住
Kiki: The one we talked about yesterday, and it’s a hostel actually.
琪琪:我們昨天討論的那間,其實是青年旅社。
talk about談論到、討論hostel(n.)青年旅館
James: Oh, right. Have you checked this one out by the way?
詹姆斯:喔,對耶。那你有看過這家嗎?
check sth out=check out sth看看某事物by the way對了
Kiki: Come on. This is an actual prison.
琪琪:拜託,這是監獄。
come on拜託actual(adj.)真正的prison(n.)監獄
James: It “was” an actual prison, but a company has transformed it into a hotel.
詹姆斯:這「曾經」是監獄,但現在有家公司把它改成飯店了。
actual(adj.)真正的prison(n.)監獄company(n.)公司transform(v.)改造hotel(n.)飯店
Kiki: Interesting. What are the room rates?
琪琪:滿有趣的,房價是多少呢?
room(n.)房間rate(n.)價格=price
James: From 50,000 to 80,000 yen per night.
詹姆斯:日幣5萬到8萬。
Kiki: That’s about 10,000 to 20,000 TWD per night. That’s way too expensive.
琪琪:那是台幣一兩萬耶,太貴了吧。
expensive(adj.)昂貴的
James: I think so too. People on the Internet call it “luxury prison time.”
詹姆斯:我也覺得,網友還說那是「豪華牢飯」。
think so認同call(v.)稱呼luxury(adj.)奢華的behind bars=in prison坐牢