
一飲而盡的含糖量
Joyce and Mack are roommates. Joyce is making some juice.
喬伊斯跟麥克是室友,喬伊斯在打果汁。
roommate(n.)室友juice(n.)果汁
Joyce: Hey, Mack. Do you want some juice? It’s made from pineapple and dragon fruit.
喬伊斯:嘿,麥克,你要來點果汁嗎?我用鳳梨跟火龍果打的。
want(v.)想要juice(n.)果汁make(v.)製作
Mack: No, thanks. I don’t like juice.
麥克:不了,謝謝,我不喜歡果汁。
juice(n.)果汁
Joyce: Why not? It’s good for your health.
喬伊斯:為什麼?果汁對健康很好耶。
be good for對⋯⋯好health(n.)健康
Mack: I prefer eating fruit to drinking juice. Do you know that juice can be bad for your health?
麥克:比起打成果汁,我比較喜歡直接吃水果。而且你知道喝果汁不一定對身體好嗎?
prefer(v.)偏好drink(v.)喝health(n.)健康
Joyce: How? Isn’t juice rich in vitamins and dietary fiber?
喬伊斯:怎麼會?我以為果汁富含維生素跟膳食纖維。
be rich in富含
Mack: It is, but it also has too much sugar.
麥克:是沒錯,但果汁含糖量也很高。
sugar(n.)糖分
Joyce: Maybe that’s why I’ve gained some weight recently.
喬伊斯:也許這就是為什麼我最近變胖了。
gain weight增重、變胖lose weight減重、變瘦
Mack: Some dietitians recommend drinking only 150 milliliters of juice a day in order to avoid having too much sugar.
麥克:有營養師建議,一天只能喝150毫升的果汁,避免吃進太多糖分。
dietitian(n.)營養師recommend(v.)建議avoid(v.)避免sugar(n.)糖分