
別再丟掉
Lisa and Thomas are friends. They are having a conversation.
麗莎和湯瑪斯是朋友。他們正在對話。
Thomas: Lisa, you like broccoli, right?
湯瑪斯:麗莎,你喜歡吃花椰菜對吧?
Lisa: Yes! Broccoli is very healthy. But do you know the best part?
麗莎:對啊!花椰菜很健康。不過你知道最營養的是哪裡嗎?
healthy diet健康的飲食health(n.)健康、健康狀況part(n.)部分、局部a part of…的一部分
Thomas: The green flower part, of course!
湯瑪斯:當然是上面綠綠的花球囉!
Lisa: No! The best part is the stem and leaves. Many people throw them away.
麗莎:才不是呢!最營養的是菜梗和葉子。很多人都把它們丟掉了。
stem(n.)菜梗leaf(n.)葉子
Thomas: Really? But I thought the flower is the healthiest.
湯瑪斯:真的嗎?我一直以為是花球最有營養。
Lisa: The stem has something called sulforaphane. It helps fight cancer and lower the risk of heart disease.
麗莎:菜梗裡有蘿蔔硫素,能幫助抗癌並降低心血管疾病的風險。
fight(v.)對抗cancer(n.)癌症breast cancer乳癌liver cancer肝癌develop cancer罹癌lower the risk of降低~的風險
Thomas: Wow, that’s amazing! I always throw the stem away.
湯瑪斯:哇,太厲害了!我每次都把菜梗丟掉耶。
amazing(adj.)令人驚奇的、令人讚嘆的
Lisa: Don’t do that! The stem and leaves are very good for your body.
麗莎:別再這樣了!菜梗和葉子對身體很好。
benefit(v.)使受益
Thomas: Okay, next time I will keep them. How can I cook them?
湯瑪斯:好,下次我會留下來。那要怎麼煮才好吃呢?
Lisa: You can stir-fry them or make soup. It’s delicious!
麗莎:你可以拿來炒一炒,或煮湯,都很好吃喔!
stir(v.)攪拌fry(v.)油炸、煎、炒stir-fry(v.)翻炒