
要升級會員?
Mark and Sophie are talking about watching videos on their phones.
馬克和蘇菲正在聊天,聊到用手機看 YouTube 影片的事情。
Mark: Hey Sophie, why do you look so impatient when you watch the video?
馬克:嘿,蘇菲,你看影片的時候,怎麼看起來這麼不耐煩?
impatient(adj.)沒耐心的、不耐煩的patient(adj.)有耐心的be patient with sb.對~有耐心
Sophie: I can’t change the playback speed. YouTube says I need to pay for Premium now.
蘇菲:我不能調播放速度了。YouTube說我現在要付費買Premium。
playback speed播放速度speed up the video把影片調快/slow down the video把影片調慢premium(adj.)高級的premium features進階功能/premium version付費版
Mark: What? That’s crazy! I can still watch videos at 2x speed for free.
馬克:什麼?太誇張了吧!我還是可以免費用兩倍速看影片。
for free免費
Sophie: Really? My friend told me YouTube is running a test right now. Some people need to pay to go faster.
蘇菲:真的嗎?我朋友說YouTube正在測試,有些人要付錢才能快轉。
run a test進行測試
Mark: Seriously? I always use fast speed for cooking videos. It really saves time.
馬克:真的喔?我看做菜影片一定會快轉,真的很省時間。
save(v.)節省、挽救save sb./sth. from...拯救某人/某物免於~save the day及時化解危險、尷尬
Sophie: Me too. I also use fast speed for lessons and talks.
蘇菲:我也是,我看教學影片和演講也會用快轉。
give/deliver a talk進行演講
Mark: If they charge money for it, many people will be unhappy.
馬克:如果真的變成付費,很多人應該會不開心。
charge(v.)收費、充電charge sb. money for sth.向某人收取某物的費用
Sophie: I agree. If it’s not free, I will be very sad.
蘇菲:我同意,如果不能免費用,我會很難過。
Mark: Don’t worry. Maybe it’s just a test. Let’s hope they change their mind.
馬克:別擔心,也許只是測試而已,希望他們會改變主意。
change one’s mind改變主意/想法
Sophie: I hope so! If I can’t use fast speed for lessons, I’ll probably fall asleep.
蘇菲:希望如此!如果看教學影片不能快轉,我大概會睡著。
probably(adv.)很可能地