
降低膽固醇
Frank and Kelly are friends. They are going to have dinner.
法蘭克和凱莉是朋友。他們正要去吃晚餐。
Frank: It’s so cold today. I want to eat spicy hotpot. Do you like spicy food?
法蘭克:今天好冷。我想吃麻辣鍋。你喜歡吃辣嗎?
Kelly: Well, I can only handle mild food. Sometimes I get the runs after eating something spicy.
凱莉:嗯,我只能吃微辣的食物。我有時候吃完辣會拉肚子。
handle(v.)應付、處理mild(adj.)(食物或味道)不濃烈的、淡的、(天氣)溫和的mild winter暖冬the runs拉肚子
Frank: Oh, then you’d better not eat it on an empty stomach.
法蘭克:噢,那你最好不要空腹吃。
had better VR最好做某事empty(adj.)空的on an empty stomach空腹
Kelly: I think so, too. But eating spicy food can work up my appetite, so I like it a lot.
凱莉:我也覺得。但吃辣可以促進我的食慾,所以我蠻喜歡的。
work up激發、激起
Frank: I love having hot and spicy food, especially in the winter. It makes me feel warm.
法蘭克:我喜歡吃辛辣的食物,尤其是冬天的時候。可以讓我溫暖起來。
hot(adj.)熱的、辣的warm(adj.)溫暖的
Kelly: I also heard that spicy food can help break down fat and lower cholesterol levels.
凱莉:我也有聽說辛辣的食物可以幫助分解脂肪並降低膽固醇。
break down分解lower(v.)降低cholesterol(n.)膽固醇
Frank: Really? I didn’t know that.
法蘭克:真的嗎?我不知道。
Kelly: So, should we invite other friends to have spicy hotpot together?
凱莉:所以我們要約其他朋友一起去吃麻辣鍋嗎?
Frank: Nina and Wesley can’t stand spicy food. We can ask Bella, though.
法蘭克:妮娜和衛斯理沒辦法吃辣。不過我們可以問貝拉。
stand(v.)承受住
Kelly: Sounds good!
凱莉:聽起來不錯。