
神奇的大自然
Cindy and Ken are friends. They are chatting.
辛蒂和肯是朋友,他們正在聊天。
Cindy: Do you know why it snows?
辛蒂:你知道為什麼會下雪嗎?
Ken: Yeah, I think it’s because of the cold weather.
肯:嗯,我想應該是因為天氣變冷了。
because of因為(後需加名詞)weather(n.)(短期的)天氣狀況sunny(adj.)晴朗的cloudy(adj.)多雲的windy(adj.)有風的humid(adj.)潮濕的
Cindy: But why do people feel cold in winter?
辛蒂:但為什麼冬天人們會覺得冷呢?
Ken: Hmm, I think it is because of the angle of the sun shining on the earth.
肯:嗯,我認為是因為太陽照射地球的角度不同。
because of 因為、由於angle(n.)角度shine(v.)照耀
Cindy: Oh, I see. So, when it’s cold, the water in the air turns into snow?
辛蒂:哦,我明白了。所以,當天氣冷時,空氣中的水會變成雪?
Ken: Yeah, that’s right! When the temperature drops, the water vapor in the clouds freezes and falls as snow.
肯:對啊!當溫度下降時,雲層中的水蒸氣就會凝結成雪,然後落下來。
temperature(n.)氣溫drop(v.)下降、掉落、放棄freeze(v.)結冰、冷凍freeze的三態:freeze, froze, frozenfreezer(n.)冷凍庫frozen food冷凍食品
Cindy: Ah, that makes sense! Thanks for explaining, Ken.
辛蒂:啊,那就說得通了!謝謝你的解釋,肯。
make sense有道理、說得通explain(v.)解釋explain sth. to sb.對~解釋~
Ken: No problem! Nature is pretty cool, huh?
肯:不客氣!大自然真是太神奇了,對吧?
nature(n.)大自然commune with nature接觸大自然
Cindy: Definitely! I love learning new things about it.
辛蒂:當然!我喜歡學習關於大自然的新知識。
Ken: Me too! Let’s go enjoy the snow outside now!
肯:我也是!我們一起出去賞雪吧!
enjoy(v.)享受、喜歡、欣賞
Cindy: Great idea! Let’s build a snowman!
辛蒂:好主意!我們來堆個雪人吧!