
痛到整晚睡不著
Richard and Kate are at school.
瑞察和凱特在學校。
Kate: Richard, are you alright? You don’t look well.
凱特:瑞察,你還好嗎?你看起來不太舒服。
look adj.看起來well(adj.)健康的、狀況好的
Richard: My teeth hurt so badly that I couldn’t sleep at all last night.
瑞察:我牙齒痛到我昨晚根本都睡不著。
hurt(v.)痛so badly=so much
Kate: Poor you. Is it possible that you might have cavities?
凱特:你真可憐。你會不會是有蛀牙?
poor N.表示同情Is it possible that….?有沒有可能是⋯?(表推測)
Richard: Probably. I’ve already made an appointment with my dentist this Friday.
瑞察:有可能,我已經跟牙醫預約這週五要去看牙。
probably(adv.)=perhaps有可能have V-pp現在完成式make an appointment預約
Kate: Are you afraid of going to the dentist?
凱特:你會怕看牙齒嗎?
be afraid of =be scared of害怕做某事
Richard: A little bit. Would you go with me?
瑞察:有一點,你要跟我一起去嗎?
a little bit=a little=a bitWould you RV?你要⋯嗎?
Kate: Sure. As a matter of fact, I think I’ll need to have a dental checkup, too.
凱特:好啊,事實上,我覺得我也應該要去檢查一下牙齒。
as a matter of fact=actually事實上dental checkup牙齒檢查
Richard: Do you want me to make an appointment for you with my dentist?
瑞察:你想要我幫你預約牙醫嗎?
Do you want me to…?要我替你做某事嗎?
Kate: It’s alright. I prefer to get my dental cleaning and checkup done with this other dentist around my neighborhood.
凱特:沒關係,我比較喜歡在我家附近的牙醫看牙跟洗牙。
prefer to RV=prefer Ving比較喜歡get N done把⋯給處理好dental cleaning洗牙=teeth cleaningneighborhood社區、住家附近
Richard: So you get your teeth checked regularly? How often do you do it?
瑞察:所以你都會定期檢查牙齒?你多久去檢查一次?
regularly=on a regular basis定期How often do you RV?你多久⋯一次?
Kate: About once every half year.
凱特:大約每半年一次。
once every half year每半年一次
Richard: Good for you. I should get into this habit as well.
瑞察:那很好啊。我也應該要養成這個習慣。
Good for you那很好get into the habit養成習慣