
沒時間去玩
Jeremy and Kiki are chatting.
傑若米跟琪琪在聊天。
Jeremy: Do you have any travel plans this year?
傑若米:你今年有任何旅行計畫嗎?
travel(n.)旅遊plan(n.)計畫
Kiki: Do you mean going abroad? If so, I don’t.
琪琪:你是說出國嗎?如果是的話,沒有。
abroad(adv.)在國外,go abroad出國
Jeremy: Why not? We have a long weekend at the end of the year. I’m going to Japan to celebrate New Year’s Eve.
傑若米:為什麼?我們年底有假耶,我要去日本跨年。
celebrate(v.)慶祝eve(n.)前日
Kiki: Sounds great. But I just changed my job and I don’t have money for traveling.
琪琪:聽起來很棒,但我剛換工作,沒有錢出去玩。
change(v.)更換job(n.)工作travel(v.)旅遊
Jeremy: I see. I saw the news this morning and it said that 56% of people under the age of 30 don’t have time to travel.
傑若米:我懂了,我今天早上看到新聞,上面寫說30歲以下的族群中有56%的人沒時間去旅遊。
age(n.)年紀travel(v.)旅遊
Kiki: I guess I’m one of them.
琪琪:我猜我就是其中之一。
Jeremy: I heard that the government is thinking about giving out money to encourage people under 30 to travel.
傑若米:我聽說政府在考慮發補助金鼓勵30歲以下的人去旅遊。
government(n.)政府think about考慮give out送出encourage(v.)鼓勵travel(v.)旅遊
Kiki: Really? That’s good.
琪琪:真的?那很棒耶。
Jeremy: But the money will be for trips within Taiwan, so as to boost local tourism.
傑若米:但補助只限國內旅遊,促進在地觀光。
trip(n.)旅行boost(v.)促進local(adj.)在地的tourism(n.)觀光
Kiki: That’s good enough for me. Let me check the information online.
琪琪:已經很好了,我要上網看一下資訊。
enough(adv.)足夠check(v.)查看information(n.)資訊online(adv.)線上